Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cookie Monster

I can't stop it; I can't help it, and quite frankly, I don't care. I'm totally addicted to all varieties of MI-DEL cookies. A different bag every week. As if that's not enough, on the weekends, I now typically require half a vegan cashew butter cookie and half a vegan chocolate chip cookie from Wheatsville Food Co-op. Ricky eats the other halves.

Whereas I've recently been transforming into some sort of cookie monster, Ricky has acquired an addiction to Upper Crust Bakery's insanely tasty cinnamon rolls. This happened quite by accident early one Saturday morning as Ricky stumbled his way down to Epoch to get us some coffee. At that exact moment, a tray of still warm cinnaomon rolls from Upper Crust was being delivered:

I needn't say more.


3 comments:

Zwieblein said...

In the meantime, it's apparently become a requirement for the continuation of my sanity that I bake something new every day. The rye-oat bread I made (and consumed all of) on Saturday ties for first place with the scones I crafted two days ago. This afternoon's production was wheat-yogurt bread. The beauty of it all? It's all vegan.

Still, I don't need to eat all of it at once!

carlsbad said...

i'm quite impressed with all that baking! we recently had a surplus of bananas ripening a little too quickly, so we ended baking banana oat bran muffins...quite yummy and quite fun.. don't know why we don't bake more often!
wish we were closer so we could assist you with the consumption of these vegan goodies!

rickshaw said...

new blog please!

I heard NLBG went to the mountains.

c'est vrai?