Monday, February 4, 2008

We Walk

Up the hill, down the street, across the trail, up the hill, down the street, up the hill, up the hill, up the hill, down the street. For 13 miles. Mission accomplished. NLBG fatigued and pleased.

Fact: We can walk a half marathon.

Question: Can we walk a half marathon in time for there still to be a finish line?
Well, only time will tell, and I know that what will be will be and that, at least, we will have tried. Therefore, I feel almost at peace with this belated undertaking.

Thoughts while walking:
I love Clif Bars and Accelerade.
I love my new men's ASICS; they seem to have more cushioning than the women's.
I love getting stronger and maintaining a positive attitude, even with developing heel blisters and increasing heat.
I wonder how it would feel to walk a full marathon.
We look a bit geeky, hydration belts and all, trekking down the actual course!


No comments: