Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Everything's Gone Green

and it makes NLBG happy indeed!

What's the report, you may ask, having noticed, I'm sure, that it's been a little while since the last post.

Well, the past two weeks have been action-packed, to say the least. With the time change, we're taking advantage of the extra daylight in the afternoons/evenings by doing more outside activities late in the day. Some complain about the change and the morning darkness, and I admit that it's unnatural for me to get up and go to work while it's still pitch-black dark outside, but, oh-how-fabulous is it to come home from work with the sun still high and to realize that there's time for supper AND outdoor fun before dusk?!

Daylight Savings Time Activities
Gardening:
My December-planted bulbs are now full-blooming tulips. I've set out tomato and pepper transplants. Some nocturnal critter is either completely enraged or enthralled by this, and consequently, my plants have been disappearing, so I'll have to do it all over again, this time with precautions taken (chicken wire?).

Cycling:
Finding our legs again...I've been selecting the mountain bike lately, which is funny because I do enjoy my road bike, but the MTB seems easier for now. Ricky took out his road bike for Sunday's pedal down Balcones. He was cruising on that lighter-weight bike! Yesterday's rain had me spinning on the trainer in the living room while watching the Simpson and Biggest Loser.

Walking/Jogging:
We've cut back drastically on distance since the half..guess there's really not a reason to take regular 10 mile or so walks...in any case, we are still walking (4 miles, usually) and I'm still working on my slow, relaxed jog. So far so good. I even hope to jog most of the upcoming Cap 10K, which I should be able to do if I get a good walking warm-up in at the start!

Lounging:
Nothing quite like a few minutes in the chaise longue on the patio when the sun's still shining.







No comments: