Wednesday, March 26, 2008

OK, Time for Training Talk

And the news is mixed. While I've been soooo preoccupied with keeping my si joints happy and my right hip flexor relaxed during my recent jogging trials, my right knee has balked at being neglected. Now I'm all too aware of its existence, but thanks to Sam, I have a plan.

The past few days have gone like this:


Wednesday: jogged to Tai Chi class! I actually made it there just in time.

Thursday: crossed my legs during a meeting and felt my knee really hurt. Of course, this meant I just had to go on a bike ride after work. Of course, this meant that my knee started hurting within a couple of minutes, which, of course, meant that I had to finish the ride no matter what.

Friday: still feeling it in my knee meant it was time to confess to the trainer.

Saturday: short stroll and long, exciting organizational meeting for an animal welfare non-profit.

Sunday: too much coffee and loads of scrummy apple whole wheat pancakes at Kerbey Lane.

This of course meant having to take a pedal with Ricky and Q-Tip while these two snored:




Monday: good pedal, some knee pain

Tuesday: good walk, some knee pain

The rest of the week? Well, there's the Cap 10K on Sunday, preceded by Rock the Casbah on Saturday night:



Will I jog? Will Ricky wake up in time? On verra bien!




2 comments:

Zwieblein said...

Ohhh, the envy of being able to foray into DJ Mel's territory. Amuse-toi bien pour moi!

rickshaw said...

Allons au Rock Le Casbah!!!!